Old 04-05-2013, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Nick is offline

Default Bee deterrent?

They don't bother me but are bothering the tenants and their young
children.
Any ideas please for a suitable deterrent or some enticement to persuade
them to move house?

It's far better to educate the humans. Why are they bothered?
They are flapping over nothing - I don't know if those bees can
sting, but I am pretty sure that they never do.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Thank you Nick,

I agree entirely.
Unfortunately this infestation is on the S facing wall at the front of the
cottage. Warm weather, windows and doors open. Children playing. Insects
buzzing around within the house. I feel this would be naturally worrisome to
caring (young) parents.
At dusk windows and doors close. Insects trapped within the building. They
will be fretting, as will the other occupants.
The link sent by David Hill seems to describe the situation very well. It
also appears that the female of the species can sting (why does this not
surprise me).

Regards,
Nick.