Old 05-05-2013, 03:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default squirrels stealing tomatoes

"Gus" wrote in message

Speaking of the tomato plants, I noticed 4-5 of them already have a flower
and they are only about 6 inches or less tall. Seems foolish to flower
when so small yet, but they seem healthy. I've only grown plants about 3
or 4 times and don't remember them flowering when so small.

Flowering when they are tiny is just what you want. In fact here in this
country a gardening guru says to stress them slightly whilst they are still
int he pot so they do flower and they tehn romp away when planted.