Old 05-05-2013, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Blueberries

On 04/05/2013 20:19, Roger Tonkin wrote:
In article fukao8hn8i0g70lk8oovuc28mtnus9b51n@
4ax.com, says...

Is it possible to grow blueberries from the seeds in the fruits?
Tesco are selling some really nice ones (from Spain) the biggest and
best I've ever tasted, nicer that my home-grown ones! Has anyone tried
it?

Pam in Bristol

I suspect the general advice will be "try it!!", with
the usual caveats about hardiness etc of the plant if
it does grow, considering the origin. Why not ask
Tesco's to name the variety? I noticed when I was in
Sainsbury's (in England!) the other week, most of
their fruit was named varieties.

It might be but like apples you will be very lucky to get anything like
the nice named cultivar that produced the fruits you have eaten.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown