Old 05-05-2013, 10:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bee deterrent?

In article ,
Nick wrote:

I agree entirely.
Unfortunately this infestation is on the S facing wall at the front of the
cottage. Warm weather, windows and doors open. Children playing. Insects
buzzing around within the house. I feel this would be naturally worrisome to
caring (young) parents.

Well, only to ones who have lived all of their lives in cities,
which I agree is most of the UK. I am not saying that education is
necessarily easy, because they will have been indoctrinated into
the Synthetic Society all of their lives.

At dusk windows and doors close. Insects trapped within the building. They
will be fretting, as will the other occupants.
The link sent by David Hill seems to describe the situation very well. It
also appears that the female of the species can sting (why does this not
surprise me).

It's like bumble bees. When one gets trapped inside, I usually just
cup it in my hands to let it out. I get stung a couple of times a
year, but only by treading on them in bare feet, never just by handling
them.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.