Old 05-05-2013, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bee deterrent?

On Sun, 5 May 2013 15:36:49 +0100 (BST), wrote:

My point is that there are no such child safety reasons, unless one
of their children is hyperallegic (and not just allergic) to bee
stings. They may believe that there are but, if so, they are quite
simply wrong. Bluntly, that is hysteria caused by ignorance.

I agree but knowing hysterical some children (and adults) get in the
precense of an essentially harmless creepy crawly the child safety reason
is that hysteria.

Education is the best thing. Bees in general don't sting unless provoked.
Like getting trapped and about to be squidged. How many are getting into
the bedrooms could be an issue, I'd get fed up having to evict half a
dozen every evening...

--
Cheers
Dave.