Old 05-05-2013, 08:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Natural Girl Natural Girl is offline

Default squirrels stealing tomatoes

On 5/5/2013 2:20 PM, Gus wrote:
"Natural Girl" wrote in message

hahaaahaha I'm only laughing because I totally understand just how
frustrating those tree rats can be. One year I had some gorgeous
tomatoes that were nearly ready to pick. I told myself I'd pick them
tomorrow... when I went out to get the ... EVERY tomato was gone on
that bush!!!!!!!! I was livid. Now, I don't wait to pull them!
--
Natural Girl

When I had the serious problem two years ago, I started started to pull
green ones, but they aren't as fun to pick. And then you have to wait
for them to ripen indoors, just sitting there. The squirrels starting
biting and taking the green ones on the plants, even small ones. They
don't have much sense. Or, maybe they are just very vindictive jerks.
They may look cute, but they are not good neighbors. I had a couple get
into part of my roof last year and had to get an exterminator. Cost a
couple hundred dollars to eradicate them.

I bet it was satisfying tho! 2 down ... a zillion to go! DIE TREE
RATS! DIE!

--
Natural Girl