Old 05-05-2013, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Bee deterrent?

On 2013-05-05 18:05:03 +0100, Rod said:

On Saturday, 4 May 2013 22:10:17 UTC+1, Nick wrote:
A rather odd question perhaps.

A cottage locally is being plagued by small bees. I don't know the name,

species or type of bee. They are nesting within the old and soft brickwork.

No nesting within the building. Might be able to get a pic of one, if of any

interest.

I would like to deter them, I most certainly do not want to kill/eradicate

them.

They don't bother me but are bothering the tenants and their young children.

Any ideas please for a suitable deterrent or some enticement to persuade

them to move house?

Thank you,

Nick.

If the cottage is owned by you as landlord then just get it properly repointed.

Rod

Late in the year, though.
--

Sacha