Old 05-05-2013, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Bee deterrent?

wrote:
I strongly disagree. Such problems are as likely to be caused by
any other accident and, arguably, are more likely in people who
have not had their immune system properly challenged as children.
It is only within my lifetime that shoes have become more-or-less
mandatory for children even in the UK. They should be taught to
wear them when necessary which, for children who regularly go
barefoot, does not mean in a well-kempt garden[*].

I got a thorn in my foot for the first time this weekend. :-(
Oddly, so did the little doggy next door.