Old 05-05-2013, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Conservatory climbers

Bob Hobden wrote:
I didn't know you could get dicentra in yellow!
My pink+white one is just coming into flower. They don't last very long
though. :-(

I'm sorry to say your Dicentra spectabilis is now Lamprocapnos spectabilis.

Oh. How did that happen? I wish they wouldn't change names from ones
I can remember to ones I never will.

I believe my pink+white is called Love Lies Bleeding, and the white is
called Alba. Although I haven't seen the all-white one this year, so it
may not have survived. (either from the cold, or cos I planted it in a
stupid place and it's been lost)

The yellow one I mentioned is a climbing Dicentra, there are a few climbing
ones and all seem to be yellow or orangey yellow.

I may have to investigate them further. They look very pretty. Do they
have a longer flowering season than mine?