Old 06-05-2013, 04:39 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Help needed with Lawn!

copels007 wrote:
Bob F;982517 Wrote:

Feed the poor thing!

I applied lawn feed last weekend but I've not seen any improvement.
The packet said I didn't need to water in but should I put more down
and water?

It won't do anything until you water it in and give it a few weeks. "Packet"
suggests a small amount to me. It should have been a significant bag.

You don't want to water weed and feed types of fertilizer right away, but water
is necessary to get the fertilizer to the grass. If it's been a week, go ahead
and water it.

Should I be putting any seed down to cover the patches?

You could, but you have to keep the seed damp until it sprouts. If you let it
dry out, it probably won't make it. Damp, not wet. Usually, you don't put down
seed and fertilizer at the same time.