Old 06-05-2013, 07:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Natural Girl[_2_] Natural Girl[_2_] is offline

Default cucumbers

Gus wrote:
I tried to grow cucumbers the last couple years, and though I got
decent cucumber plants, no cucumbers. Is there some trick to growing
them? I'm going to try a different part of my garden area this year,
maybe that will make a difference.

Tomatoes and zucchini grow very well here.

I grew cukes last year and had pretty good success. I was giving away
cukes!

I built me a trellis with 4 legs, stapled plastic netting around each leg,
and tied them together at the top, planted the cukes at the base of each leg
and trained them to grow up the trellis. I had 2 set-ups like this.. one was
planted a few weeks before the other one, so when the first one quit
producing the second one was still putting out fruit until frost.

--
Natural Girl