Old 06-05-2013, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default Bee deterrent?

On Sunday, 5 May 2013 23:35:09 UTC+1, wrote:
In article o.uk,

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Sun, 05 May 2013 19:55:35 +0100, Spider wrote:

Well, yes, education would be the right way to go about it. I've tried

no end of times trying to suggest bees are generally harmless. I

usually get the "But they always sting me" type answer.

Do you then ask how many times they have *actually* been stung? More

often than not the answere to that direct question is "never" or "er I

think a couple of times". Their fear of being stung is not supported by

the facts...

Or the standard Q&A:

Q. How do you know that it was a bee that stung you?

A.1 Because it was yellow and black.

A.2 I didn't see it, but it stung me, therefore it was a bee.

Regards,

Nick Maclaren.

And of course if you're the local beekeeper the offending creature has a label on it with your name and address.

Rod