Old 06-05-2013, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default dandelions here, there and everywhere

On 05/05/2013 14:47, David Hill wrote:
On 05/05/2013 14:30, Broadback wrote:
I have never seen as many dandelions that there is this year, must have
been an ideal year for the last year. I must say they look very
attractive when they are that thick on the ground. Is the proliferation
just this area or generally everywhere?

I think it's the cold weather having held them back and now it's turned
warm they are all coming out together, a short but spectacular season.
I still wonder why we never see a white sport amongst them.

I think they were all waiting for blast of sunshine and have all
flowered more or less simultaneously. About the same numbers as in
previous years here, but perhaps more in flower at once.

Wood anenomes and snakeshead fritillaries are also out in the wild.

Sloes are out, some cherry out. Pairs almost out.
Apple blossom still a fair way off though.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown