Old 08-05-2013, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default Mulching with grass clippings

In article , nmm1
@cam.ac.uk says...

In article ,
Roger Tonkin wrote:

I would really like to use the clipping to mulch
around my respberries as they are getting old and weak
and I was hoping that would help next years canes
develop.

Plant new ones, preferably somewhere else. Mulching won't
help worth a damn in such a case.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Yeah, I know that is what I ought to do, but there are
a couple of problems:

1) Space - there is no where for a new fruit cage to
go, apart from the lawn, and swmbo will not allow
that!

2) The possibility that we move, age, remoteness,
large garden and family pressures!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales