Old 09-05-2013, 01:18 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Top Soil Purchasing

Jinkie wrote:
We have been advised by the Environmental people to make raised beds
with a membrane to not disturb soil that may be contaminated by
asbestos (this was one of the options.) However I have been looking
online to buy topsoil and have found a few sites that look o.k but I
am wondering if anyone has any recommendations. It will be to grow
crops in and we grow organicly. Any advice would be appreciated as I
don't want to find I have wasted a lot of money that we can ill
afford to loose.
Hope there is someone out there who can help.
Jinkie.

This is an international group, you need to give your location to get a
sensible answer to this. Secondly buying online is not a good idea as you
need to see and feel what you are buying. Soil varies very much in content
and price, to a degree you pay for what you get but there are cases of
bargains and of rubbish that you don't want.

David