Old 09-05-2013, 01:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Well , maybe

"songbird" wrote in message
news
Terry Coombs wrote:

someday I'll actually get strawberries to grow . This is the 2nd time
I've
tried , and I'll admit that WM isn't the best source . Twice now I've
purchased and planted berry starts the sucker roots they package in bags
of
10 with the same results . They apparently rot in the ground and never
come
up .
I guess if I really want strawberries I'm going to have to get a couple
of
plants and let 'em spread on their own . I'm wondering if the cold and
wet
weather we've had is the reason ...

cold wet weather isn't their best climate for
growing, but it shouldn't kill them either.

put a note up on craigslist wanted for plants
and you may find someone more local with plenty
of plants they'll be willing to give away.

or you should be able to find actively growing
potted plants at a greenhouse, call around, they
aren't that expensive.

songbird

I plan on trying to find a couple of potted plants in the next few days .
Just today got the big tiller running stripped a gear in the little one ,
gotta break up and condition some more space .
--
Snag