Old 08-05-2013, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default looking for Acer nigrum

Thanks Bertie,

On Wed, 08 May 2013 21:41:31 +0100, Bertie Doe wrote:

"Emery Davis" wrote in message ...

Or as this plant is now officially called, Acer saccharinum ssp nigrum.

Very sorry! Meant to say saccharum, not saccharinum, which is an entirely
different maple (Silver Maple). Funny I just saw this mistake at a
nursery while searching, I must have subconsciously picked it up.

[]
My 10 yr old RHS Plantfinder has under nirum :-

Mallet Court Nursery, Taunton. TA3 6SY
http://www.malletcourt.co.uk/files/cataloguenew.pdf

I know them well, they don't have it.

Nettletons Nursery, Godstone. RH9 8NF

Chris Pattison Nursery, Pendock. GL19 3PL

Pattison lists palmatum 'nigrum', lots have this one. I didn't find a
stock list for Nettletons. When I google I get lots of hits for the
Japanese maple.

under Acer saccharinum :-

Burncoose Nursery, Redruth. TR16 6B1
http://www.burncoose.co.uk/site/cate...BtnSearch=+Go+

%3E+&page=2

As I said above, I meant saccharum ssp nigrum (Black maple is a
subspecies of sugar maple) not saccharinum (Silver maple). My apologies
for the typo.

Shout if you need any more.

OK, I'm shouting!

-E