Old 09-05-2013, 01:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Gus[_2_] Gus[_2_] is offline

Default old soft tortillas

I had some tortillas I was going to throw away; they were over a month past
the use by date and not so fresh. I thought it a waste to just go in the
landfill so I threw them off the deck into the backyard after dark. (They
actually flew pretty well, like floppy frisbees.) The next morning, they
were all gone... I suspect a coon got them and maybe had friends over for a
Mexican party. Maybe a possum?.. I wasn't sure I should be encouraging
creatures in my back yard, but I see them pass through occasionally anyway.
I have a motion light on the garage and it comes on when a large animal
saunters by. One night the light was staying on a long time and I looked
out the back door; there was a coon was out there at the bottom of the deck
stairs. Staring at me. It was a bit creepy. I knocked on the door and
opened the inside door leaving the security door locked. It looked away and
moseyed on out into the backyard.