Old 09-05-2013, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default I wonder why?

On 2013-05-09 10:26:02 +0100, Jake said:

On Wed, 08 May 2013 20:30:53 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

I seem to remember a time when posters to this site would use their real
names, but now it seems that so many posters do all they can to hide
themselves.
What are they afraid off?
I know that when I see some of the ridiculous names ans fake email
addresses that some use I have my doubts about the questions being
serious and / or genuine.
David @ a breezy end to Swansea Bay

I've always used an invalid email address when posting to this
*newsgroup*. (Sorry, couldn't resist that.)

I stopped using my "real" name years ago as John is simply too common.
I now use what was my school nickname, a pronunciation of my initials
J and K and I have explained this here before now.

And, of course, having never met my "oppo" at the other end of the
Bay, I don't *know* that David Hill is his real name. Must dash to
check that I am, in fact, who I think I am.

Lol! Well, having met him several times, I promise you David Hill is
'real'! I was warned NOT to use my real name on newsgroups when I
started, so I used the name of one of my dogs. Then I met or talked
privately to several members of urg and felt silly using a pseudonym so
posted using my real name. It isn't what I was christened but it is
what everyone calls me and has done for decades. I don't use my
address because I don't want spam or advertising and I prefer to choose
who I'm in email contact with!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com