Old 09-05-2013, 07:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default old soft tortillas

On 5/9/2013 8:59 AM, Gus wrote:
I had some tortillas I was going to throw away; they were over a month
past the use by date and not so fresh. I thought it a waste to just go
in the landfill so I threw them off the deck into the backyard after
dark. (They actually flew pretty well, like floppy frisbees.) The next
morning, they were all gone... I suspect a coon got them and maybe had
friends over for a Mexican party. Maybe a possum?.. I wasn't sure I
should be encouraging creatures in my back yard, but I see them pass
through occasionally anyway. I have a motion light on the garage and it
comes on when a large animal saunters by. One night the light was
staying on a long time and I looked out the back door; there was a coon
was out there at the bottom of the deck stairs. Staring at me. It was
a bit creepy. I knocked on the door and opened the inside door leaving
the security door locked. It looked away and moseyed on out into the
backyard.

Racoons can get fairly cheeky. I had two on the deck going at the bird
feeder one night, opened the sliding door and yelled at them and they
would not leave. So, I got a can of wasp spray, the kind that will put
out a 20 foot stream, and blasted them with it.