Old 09-05-2013, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Daffs

On 09/05/2013 18:05, Emery Davis wrote:
On Thu, 09 May 2013 13:14:41 +0100, Spider wrote:

Tis true. They need to be left for 6-8 weeks in order for the leaves to
feed the bulb. You could give them a high potash feed to help them
along.

Is the right time for this just when their done? I wanted to feed some
blind ones this year, but am not sure when to do it.

Feed ASAP
Now with this bit of rain you could use a liquid tomato feed, and water
it on.

As for tying spent daffs, this was common 50/60 years ago it left a
small garden tidy, but we used to fold a clump of leaves over and slip a
rubber band over them, a lot easier than tying.
David @ a stormy end of Swansea Bay, Mumbles head recorded wind gusting
to 71 mph 2 to 3pm today