Old 09-05-2013, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default I wonder why?

On 2013-05-09 17:58:29 +0100, Bob Hobden said:

"Sacha" wrote
I think they're at the around 300 mark. People have ordered quite a
few just recently when the weather improved for a while and a bride's
mother ordered 12 just for the marquee to look lovely on the wedding
day. (Pouring rain & gale here today) When I first knew the nursery it
used to be nearer 800 but a lot of people don't want to worry about
looking after them, or the extra expense for that matter. And after
last year's awful summer quite a few people have been put off. I
suspect they're one of those things that go in and out of fashion.
Dahlias are making quite a comeback, for example, having had a quiet
time of it in 'garden fashion' for a few years. One customer, who is a
very keen cook, has asked for all sorts of herbs in 1 litre pots to
decorate the tables in the marquee. Each table will be called after the
herb e.g. rosemary and they'll have tall chapel candles in the middle
of 4 pots on each table. Nice idea for a wedding I think.

Just as long as it's not Helichrysum italicum the curry plant, poo. :-)

No, but I wish we'd thought of it! I love that smell! They chose their
own but did want culinary herbs so couldn't have used that one anyway.
What they wanted was 4 different types of each herb, which wasn't
possible for all of them but we've managed to stick to their brief for
the most part.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com