Old 10-05-2013, 06:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Larry Stoter[_2_] Larry Stoter[_2_] is offline

Default Wasps and Pears

Pete C wrote:

"Larry Stoter" wrote in message
We have a Concord (?) pear, which can produce very tasty, juicy fruit
and it is currently covered in blossom.

The last 3-4 years, as the fruit begins to ripen, wasps start eating the
fruit just at the base of the stem - fruit then rots and/or drops off.

Any suggestions for preventing the little black and yellow ^&%*£!! from
doing this.

Dunno how big it is, but can you fleece it?

Just about and that's the only possible solution I'd come up with ...

Larry