Old 25-04-2003, 08:56 AM
Mike

Default legal or illegal?

In article , shannie
writes
Walking among the fields today a few miles from home I came upon two
planning notices for houses on posts outside two different fields. Whilst
walking through these fields I noticed many many primroses naturalised in
the ditches. I know it's illegal to remove them, but when the diggers move
in they will be destroyed. If I aquired the owners permission would it be
legal for me to remove them and put them inside and outside in my own
ditches. My gardens are surrounded on all sides by blackberry ditches and
there are some there already low down among the ferns. I love to see these
wonderful spring flowers in the wild and hate the idea of the diggers moving
in and mowing them down.

Thanks
Shan

These are no doubt Planning Applications which may be refused so if you
go in there now you would/could be in trouble.

What I would do is to watch the Planning Applications Notices to see if
it is granted and then do something about it.

On the other hand, how about opposing the application yourself if you
feel the these fields should not be built on? 'Nature being destroyed',
'Too much housing already', 'Overloading infrastructure'. I have used
this one on 2 occasions because of the sewer problems. See my other
postings re water and rainfall. What would happen to your rainwater once
the houses and roads are put in and that water, which at present falls
on the land, is directed into the sewers? :-)

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more