Old 10-05-2013, 04:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default the bird parade

In article ,
phorbin wrote:

In article ,
says...

Surprised to see a jay hassling a crow that was easily twice his size.

I've seen solo sparrows chasing crows, owls and hawks across the sky.

In the latter two cases, it looked like a a single spitfire chasing a
zeppelin.

Once I saw crows mobbing a Cooper's hawk (hunts birds on the wing) and
it kept twisting in flight to try to snag a crow.

We were also visited by a large bird (at least three foot wing span) and
ALL the birds disappeared. I rarely see large birds under the canopy. I
try to encourage songbirds, and I use eNature to try to identify them.
http://www.enature.com/birding/

--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/