Old 10-05-2013, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Bee deterrent?

On 2013-05-10 18:28:16 +0100, Spider said:

On 10/05/2013 18:18, wrote:
wrote:
Nick is of the opinion that his dad flaps his arms about at them.

!That would do it, especially since the bees are on their own territory
and Nick's dad is not. They're just protecting themselves.

Well, tehcnically he is, cos they're in his garden.

Oh, sorry, I thought you said they were Nick's bees, so I supposed they
were in his garden. Sorry, Nick's dad!

If bees bump into something (like flapping arms, waving hair etc) I'm
told they may go back to take a look to see if it's threatening them
and therefore the colony. Best to be as still as possible!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com