Old 10-05-2013, 09:25 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Need a better way to prune the tops of a thick oleander bush

On Fri, 10 May 2013 03:34:26 +0000 (UTC), Danny D
wrote:

On Thu, 09 May 2013 17:51:39 -0700, David E. Ross wrote:

If you think the hedge is overgrown, use a pruning saw to cut each plant
down to about 20 inches from the ground. Within a few months, it will
again be a hedge.

My wife loves the white flowers but it's crowding the driveway so I
have to lop off a foot or more to trim it back on the sides.

Just trim off branches that encroach the driveway.

On the top, I just want it to look neat'ish.

Looks fine to me. If you get a "loner" branch trying to grab too
much attention, use this.
http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-9240-T...pr_product_top
That "wild" look suits me, and you don't have much choice with
oleander anyway.