Old 11-05-2013, 03:31 AM posted to rec.gardens
Natural Girl Natural Girl is offline

Default squirrels stealing tomatoes

On 5/10/2013 3:36 PM, Gus wrote:
"Natural Girl" wrote in message
Gus wrote:
"Natural Girl" wrote in message
Someone sent me this this morning:

http://tinyurl.com/cgprqsp

ok .. I have to say that discussion is histerical!!!!!!!!

And she can't spell either.

yeah .. you got me. {{hangs head in shame}}

I thought you misspelled it on porpoise. ("histerical" since a
male-oriented discussion. Like some say "herstory" when talking
about women in "history".)

hahah Sometimes, my fingers do the spelling vs. my brain! It goes
back to my original typing class on that manual typewriter (a dinosaur
now) in Jr High school where we practiced certain letter combinations
to gain speed.

I had typing in HS on a manual. Kids have it so easy today. I hated
typing though I did learn QWERTY which apparently is not going away
until voice recognition gets perfected, but looks like kb's will be
around for a while still... I hated manual typing and getting to the
last line of the page and screwing up and the teacher saying I had to
start all over on a new page. And there was still carbon paper around
then. The original cc: Kids don't know how easy they have it! Or,
what it was like walking 5 miles to school, in below zero weather, in a
foot of snow, and being chased by wolves on the way.

haha! chased by wolves? You had it worse than me, then! We didn't have
wolves chasing us. We had coyotes!

We had locks at work where you had to push in buttons with both hands in
a certain sequence. I did them so many times, I didn't have to look at
the numbers. Occasionally someone new would ask the combination and I
couldn't tell them. I would have to get up and go to the door and let
my fingers so it and decode what my fingers did. They say the body has
memory that the conscious mind isn't always conscious of.

Did you ever see the movie "The Apple Dumpling Gang"?

Does this bring back memories, "I'm-a teachin' my fanger to read!"

I always laughed at that line.
--
Natural Girl