Old 11-05-2013, 05:15 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,ba.gardens
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default Need a better way to prune the tops of a thick oleander bush

On Fri, 10 May 2013 20:26:13 -0400, Norminn wrote:

Forgot the link: http://okeechobee.ifas.ufl.edu/MG34800.pdf

Nice PDF. Interesting that the name comes from looking similar to
olive leaves and bay laurel leaves, both of which grow well on my
property so I'm intimately familiar with both.

You do know that oleanders are poisonous?

Interesting that only 10 grams of leaves can kill an animal
via an effect similar to that of digitalis.

The article says "direct contact with people should be avoided".
What does *that* mean? Clearly one wouldn't eat the leaves,
although I do suck on a bay laurel leaf or two while hiking.

But, what's direct contact. Is trimming 100 yards of tall bush
considered direct contact? I certainly hope not.