Old 11-05-2013, 05:27 AM posted to rec.gardens
Natural Girl Natural Girl is offline

Default where to purchase a cactus

On 5/10/2013 9:41 PM, Todd wrote:
On 05/10/2013 07:33 PM, Natural Girl wrote:
On 5/10/2013 4:39 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have asked my local nurseries and the closest thing
they sell to a cactus is a yucca.

I have looked on line with not so good result.

Anyone know where I can buy a specific kind of Prickly
Pear Cactus called "Opuntia Streptacantha Lemaire"?
(It has to be that one. No subs..)

Many thanks,
-T

I've been looking for a nice "old man cactus" for months now. My
previous one gave up the ghost and died. I guess it was really older
than it looked.

Is this it?
http://www.cactusstore.com/item_536/...-celsianus.htm

That looks like it.

Have you been eating its fruits and pads? Over harvesting?

whut fruits and pads?

I have noticed that my hollyhocks will only grow in the
same spot for about four years, then their seeds will
just sprout and die.

oh no! They died? Did they re-incarnate themselves?

My zucchini got really mad at me last year when they
figured out what I was doing with their offspring.
Gave them a real freight. Stems and leaves stood
straight up. I think I might have heard them accuse
my parents of not being married when I walked by.
It may have been the wind.

:-)

-T

{snicker}!!!