Old 12-05-2013, 02:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Well , maybe

Billy wrote:
Farm1 wrote:

The scientific evidence says overwhelmingly that human activity is
contributing to climate change. It's that simple.

I also notice that just today that is yet again supported by the latest
evidence out of Hawaii.

Ay yup.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/energy/2013/05/130510-earth-co2-milestone-400-ppm/
An instrument near the summit of Mauna Loa in Hawaii has recorded a
long-awaited climate milestone: the amount of carbon dioxide in the
atmosphere there has exceeded 400 parts per million (ppm) for the first
time in 55 years of measurementand probably more than 3 million years of
Earth history.

it's not that the trend is going up that is
bad, but the trend looks to be going faster.

if that is because the ocean can no longer
soak up as much CO2 or for other reasons i'm
not sure.

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our
children.
- Native American Proverb

if one person in ten planted one hundred trees
and they actually survived...

songbird