Old 28-02-2003, 09:51 AM
Eric Hunt

Default Wardian case (formerly orchidarium) article has moved...

Deg,

Deep linking is currently under judicial review as I understand it and we
(the internet) may very well lose the ability to do so. Most news websites
are siccing their lawyers on the Blog sites that deep link articles, as they
claim it is unfairly robbing them of advertising revenue they would get from
having every visitor enter their site from the top and having to navigate
down to each article.

Until precedent is set explicitly allowing it, control-freak corporations
are fighting deep linking every step of the way.

-Eric in SF

"Dewitt" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:04:53 -0500, Prem Subrahmanyam
wrote:

(they informed me that linking to their page is
also a violation of their alleged copyright).

Perhaps (at most) linking to their page without permission is bad
manners. No way, no how is it a copyright violation.

deg