Old 13-05-2013, 12:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nelly W[_2_] Nelly W[_2_] is offline

Default I hate slugs!

On 5/9/2013 12:35 PM, Natural Girl wrote:
I finally caught the culprits in the act of eating my veggies and habaneros!
DIEEEEEEEEEEEE slime!

Besides picking them off the plants at night while juggling a flashlight,
I've read of various methods, organic and non-organic, to get rid of the
slimey pests. I don't want any birds to accidently ingest something and
die, so what can I use that won't kill the birds, but will do all manner of
evil to the slugs?

My mother had the worst slug infestation last year. I'd go out at night
& smash several dozen on the sidewalk. Within mere minutes more were out
there eating their fallen brethren. Smash & repeat. Sluggo-type bait for
the rest.