Old 13-05-2013, 04:30 AM posted to alt.home.repair,ba.gardens,rec.gardens
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default Ideas for improving this second-generation home compostingmethod

On Sun, 12 May 2013 20:36:40 -0400, Dan Espen wrote:

Only if you really like exercise.

I have a lot of Spanish & Scotch Broom, which I pull out
(Scotch Broom) by the hundreds, and I cut & glyphosate
(Spanish Broom) by the scores; but I don't want to compost
that so I put them in the green recycling bins.

It takes a few months because each bin only holds about
an hour's worth of cuttings; yet I generally cut for
four or five hours at a time.

But, other than that, I don't have compost since I'm in
a windy location exposed to the Pacific Ocean winds, which
do all my leaf raking for me during the winter storms!

Of course, it all ends up in the pool ...