Old 13-05-2013, 04:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Natural Girl[_2_] Natural Girl[_2_] is offline

Default I hate slugs!

Nelly W wrote:
On 5/9/2013 12:35 PM, Natural Girl wrote:
I finally caught the culprits in the act of eating my veggies and
habaneros! DIEEEEEEEEEEEE slime!

Besides picking them off the plants at night while juggling a
flashlight, I've read of various methods, organic and non-organic,
to get rid of the slimey pests. I don't want any birds to
accidently ingest something and die, so what can I use that won't
kill the birds, but will do all manner of evil to the slugs?

My mother had the worst slug infestation last year. I'd go out at
night & smash several dozen on the sidewalk. Within mere minutes more
were out there eating their fallen brethren. Smash & repeat.
Sluggo-type bait for the rest.

In a late night rampage of me saving my cucumbers from the slimey devils I
ended up actually touching one with my fingers. EWWWWWWWWWWWW! I can't
stand that slime on my fingers. Is there an easier way to get that slime
off your fingers?

--
Natural Girl