Old 14-05-2013, 02:18 AM posted to alt.home.repair,ba.gardens,rec.gardens

Default Ideas for improving this second-generation home composting method

Dan Espen wrote:
DirtBag writes:

Dan Espen said

Danny D writes:

On Wed, 08 May 2013 17:44:04 -0400, Norminn wrote:

"Attracting rodents" is reason #1, #2 and #3!

To test whether the "diggers" were attracted to my compost,
I left the fence open the past two days at my compost pile:

Checking this morning, I don't see evidence of animals
digging up the salmon or steak bones yet ...

While discussing compost piles, I thought you might appreciate a
real compost pile:

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/12915722.jpg

The fence is 6ft high. Last years leaves are compacted and partly
broken down.

Wow, the wife would never tolerate that pile. I had to pitch a fit
to get two 4" square bins accepted. :-)

The pile isn't visible from the rest of the yard.

You can't make compost in 4 inch bins. Well you can, but you can
turn the compost over with a teaspoon.

It wouldn't get very hot would it.