Old 14-05-2013, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Natural Girl[_2_] Natural Girl[_2_] is offline

Default I hate slugs!

Natural Girl wrote:
Nelly W wrote:
On 5/9/2013 12:35 PM, Natural Girl wrote:
I finally caught the culprits in the act of eating my veggies and
habaneros! DIEEEEEEEEEEEE slime!

Besides picking them off the plants at night while juggling a
flashlight, I've read of various methods, organic and non-organic,
to get rid of the slimey pests. I don't want any birds to
accidently ingest something and die, so what can I use that won't
kill the birds, but will do all manner of evil to the slugs?

My mother had the worst slug infestation last year. I'd go out at
night & smash several dozen on the sidewalk. Within mere minutes more
were out there eating their fallen brethren. Smash & repeat.
Sluggo-type bait for the rest.

In a late night rampage of me saving my cucumbers from the slimey
devils I ended up actually touching one with my fingers.
EWWWWWWWWWWWW! I can't stand that slime on my fingers. Is there an
easier way to get that slime off your fingers?

Just suck on it, your saliva contains an enzyme that breaks it down in a
few seconds.

ohhhhhhhh YUK!!!!!!! bleck!!!!!!!!!!! (cough cough)

--
Natural Girl