Old 13-05-2013, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Upside down runneer beans.

On 13/05/2013 19:54, Pete C wrote:
wrote in message
Interesting. Shoots through the side is fairly common, but roots
going up is not. The last couple of years have had some fairly
horrible weather, so the brassica problems could be put down to
that, but it does sound awfully like the effects of some truly
weird chemical in the newspaper.

I always get one or two where they grow upside down, where the roots
are aerial, then the stalk goes down, then typically comes up again
a bit further along. I think I've had one that has done it this year
so far. I think the sweetcorn sometimes do this, too.

Yep. I've had 5 sweetcorn do this recently. Never seen that before.

It's probably a delayed reaction to the Russian meteor from the other
week, it's probably been followed by a delayed gravity pulse