Old 14-05-2013, 07:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default OT but a welcome bit of brightness

Billy wrote:
songbird wrote:
Billy wrote:
songbird wrote:
Billy wrote:

I can't believe that I found another book to read :O(

hehehe, always more to read.

I'm doomed. I'm 10 pages into it, and it is an effortless read. The
worst thing about it is the number of books the he mentions as asides.
They fall like feathers in molting season.

haha. what year was it published?

North Point Press, 2004., according to the library.
North Point Press; 1st edition (January 13, 2005) according to Amazon.

i'll put it on the list.

Tomatoland is already on it.

i think you'll enjoy _Debt_, the first 5,000 years
by Graeber.

534 pages, huh? I'll get you for this, bird.

it is another interesting read, i think he
has a pretty good grasp of the topic.

Maybe I could interest you in "Animal Factory: The Looming Threat of
Industrial Pig, Dairy, and Poultry Farms to Humans and the Environment
by David Kirby
http://www.amazon.com/Animal-Factory...vironment/dp/B
004IK9EJQ/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1368423484&sr=1-1

It practically reads itself,honest, and is only 512 pages.

harhar! it sounds too much like books i've
already read (how much different from _The
Omnivores Dilemma_ is it?)

or The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism
by Naomi Klein
http://www.amazon.com/Shock-Doctrine...lism/dp/031242
7999/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1368423694&sr=1-1&keywords=Shock+Doct
rine

Who knew Milton Friedman sold Neo-liberal economics to Russia, China,
and the Chilean dictator, Pinochet?

any history of the WMF could make almost anyone
weep.

and I still have a pound or 2 of " A People's History of the United
States: 1492-Present",
by Howard Zinn
to read. Oy.

still on my list for next winter... i think
i'll put tomatoland on that winter list too as
i would like to keep going on the permaculture
references for a bit yet.

much better to have enough to read than
be stuck watching tv. i keep the podcast list
topped up too when i get times to listen. i
have two rainy days forecast... almost done
with the first permaculture book by Mollison
and then will get to one other of his books
that i have on the pile.

songbird