Old 14-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Contrary Mary Contrary Mary is offline
Registered User

Red face Query about staking a standard tree in container?

Hello there,Yesterday I bought a Salix Pendula standard tree,it's a strong specimen...approx 5 foot tall...which I want to plant in a deep square wood container near my front door...my query is do I have to stake it and what type of stake do I have to use?...I'm just a bit worried that without a stake to anchor it in windy weather it might just blow over...if someone could help,I haven't planted it yet as it's absolutely tipping it down today (I live in Wales) and hoping to get out there tomorrow to do it,any replies would be gratefully recived,Thanks.