Old 16-05-2013, 08:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
benj benj is offline

Default I hate slugs!

On Thu, 09 May 2013 12:18:55 -0700, Billy wrote:

In article ,
"Natural Girl" wrote:

I finally caught the culprits in the act of eating my veggies and
habaneros!
DIEEEEEEEEEEEE slime!

Besides picking them off the plants at night while juggling a
flashlight, I've read of various methods, organic and non-organic, to
get rid of the slimey pests. I don't want any birds to accidently
ingest something and die, so what can I use that won't kill the birds,
but will do all manner of evil to the slugs?

Look for Iron Phosphate snail bait.

Chemicals? How uncaring and environmentally unfriendly. Probably adds to
Global warming as well! Killing all chemists would probably be a good
start to saving the planet.

I'd suggest a nice lawn chair by the garden and a .45 government model.
They move pretty slow so it gives you lots of time to aim and pick them
off.

Glad I could help.