Old 16-05-2013, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Now is the time......

In article , kay.c09ee67
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...

Martin Brown;983335 Wrote:
On 15/05/2013 13:31, Baz wrote:-
To get runner bean seeds into the ground, along with mid-season pea and
end
of season broad bean. I wonder if we can get another sowing later in
the
year? I am going to give it a go. Nothing to lose(I keep seed).-

You are joking I take it. It is practically snowing outside here today!
Visibility is too poor to see the Pennines and confirm if snow is
lying.

I sowed my runner beans today in pots in the greenhouse, in the hope
that in 6 weeks time (end June) they may be able to chance it outside.

I looked in vain for signs of life from my outdoor sowing in
individual milkpot cloches.... and decided it's time to make an indoor
back-up sowing :-(

Fresh snow visible on the top of Goatfell.

Janet