Old 16-05-2013, 08:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Natural Girl Natural Girl is offline

Default I hate slugs!

benj wrote:
On Thu, 09 May 2013 12:18:55 -0700, Billy wrote:

In article ,
"Natural Girl" wrote:

I finally caught the culprits in the act of eating my veggies and
habaneros!
DIEEEEEEEEEEEE slime!

Besides picking them off the plants at night while juggling a
flashlight, I've read of various methods, organic and non-organic,
to get rid of the slimey pests. I don't want any birds to
accidently ingest something and die, so what can I use that won't
kill the birds, but will do all manner of evil to the slugs?

Look for Iron Phosphate snail bait.

Chemicals? How uncaring and environmentally unfriendly. Probably adds
to Global warming as well! Killing all chemists would probably be a
good start to saving the planet.

I'd suggest a nice lawn chair by the garden and a .45 government
model. They move pretty slow so it gives you lots of time to aim and
pick them off.

Glad I could help.

hahaha 'aim and pick them off' LOLOL

--