Old 16-05-2013, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith in England Judith in England is offline

Default Now is the time......

On Thu, 16 May 2013 09:12:36 +0100 (BST), wrote:

In article ,
David Hill wrote:
On 15/05/2013 21:51, kay wrote:
Martin Brown;983335 Wrote:
On 15/05/2013 13:31, Baz wrote:-
To get runner bean seeds into the ground, along with mid-season pea and
end
of season broad bean. I wonder if we can get another sowing later in
the
year? I am going to give it a go. Nothing to lose(I keep seed).-

You are joking I take it. It is practically snowing outside here today!
Visibility is too poor to see the Pennines and confirm if snow is
lying.

I sowed my runner beans today in pots in the greenhouse, in the hope
that in 6 weeks time (end June) they may be able to chance it outside.

6 weeks from sowing to planting?

I put my plants out yesterday, becayse they were getting too big
for the conservatory. They won't like it, but I hope they will
survive.

Same with me - but it was a week ago. They seem to be actually growing!!