Old 17-05-2013, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Burying liverwort to kill it

On 17/05/2013 12:14, andy stone wrote:
Having scraped off a lot of top soil from plant pots to get rid of the liver
wort, i would like to use this soil again in the bottom of some big pots.

Providing I cover this soil with a couple of centimeters of compost will it
all die off, since it will be deprived of light ?

Are you sure you are talking of a pot and not a tray?
You intend putting it in the bottom of the pot but will only have a
couple of centimetres of compost over it?
I would have thought that with about 20 cm of compost between it and the
surface you should be OK, but remember the spores will remain and when
the compost again comes out of the pot it may well start again.