Old 18-05-2013, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Black Strawberries

On Sat, 18 May 2013 11:27:22 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

Has anyone come across these?
http://www.aliexpress.com/price/indo...rbs-price.html
And before anyone says anything there also white, yellow as well as red
strawberries.
David @ a sunny part of Swansea Bay

That multi-coloured flower looks like little bits of plastic stuck
together. No way can it be real!

The white strawberries (actually pineberries) have, though, been
available commercially for quite a few years (apparently a much older
plant that was thought to be extinct until "discovered" in the early
2000s). I've never been tempted by them as I somehow don't fancy a
strawberry that tastes of pineapple.

--
Cheers, Jake