Old 18-05-2013, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default I hate to say it, but another unproductive year.

On 18/05/2013 17:55, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Baz" wrote .

Brassicas have wilted. ALL of them. I don't think it is cabbage root fly
because I have taken precautions, such as collars around them.
No Brussels sprouts this year, again.

Is there still time to have another go at it this year?

Have you got a proper old nursery near you that grows veg plants? When I
have a failure, savoys and winter cabage this year we go and buy the
plants. Our local one does strips of 12 for £1.50 so it's hardly worth
doing it yourself anyway considering the cost of seed etc..

You might also find some at a car boot sale.