Old 18-05-2013, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Black Strawberries

On 18/05/2013 11:40, Janet Tweedy wrote:
On 18/05/2013 11:27, David Hill wrote:
Has anyone come across these?
http://www.aliexpress.com/price/indo...rbs-price.html
And before anyone says anything there also white, yellow as well as red
strawberries.
David @ a sunny part of Swansea Bay

what's the trade description act like there David? I cannot for the life
of me see that the photograph of the flower with every petal a different
and distinct colour is real!!

I don't care what colour they are, if I ma growing for food Taste comes
before all else

I did try growing black tomatoes either last year or the year before.
They tasted roughly like wet cardboard and with a texture to match.

They were not quite black either - more dirty unappetising brown

Yellow alpine strawberries are OK though a bit small and have the
distinct advantage that birds don't recognise them are ripe fruit.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown