Old 19-05-2013, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default I hate to say it, but another unproductive year.

It IS amazing. Fresh veg. are far tastier than shop bought ones. I am glad
that folk are comming around to this. We,(family)at home can never go back
to shop bought stuff. Only during winter.

It depends a lot on What you buy more than where you buy it.
I have been buying English tomatoes the last couple of months from
Tesco, very good flavour but cost more than imported, but well worth it,
same for Asparagus, buy British against imported from somewhere like Peru.
Then in season why but runner beans from Zambia or Zimbabwe when there
are British for sale.
the message is READ THE LABEL.