Old 19-05-2013, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Monty Don's Pink and White Tulip?

On 2013-05-19 13:46:58 +0100, Sumgod said:

On 19/05/2013 12:09, Sumgod wrote:
Happened bu chance to see some of Gardener's World on Friday (generally
avoid on account of unctuous presenters - btw that Aberdonian chap on
Beechgrove Garden is a refreshing change!).

Saw some pink and white tulips in pots and a few in the ground. They
were stunning. Anyone know them (name? supplier?)? Googled around but no
joy so far.

Thanks - Chris

Thanks for the info/advice Sacha!

It's not Sorbet I'm afraid but could well be Tulipa clusiana 'Lady
Jane'. I say could well cause in my head the striping was more defined.
This'd do though. It's a cracker!

hhttp://www.highcountrygardens.com/index/page/product/product_id/2508

http://www.maydreamsgardens.com/2012...lady-jane.html

http://www.howardrice.co.uk/gallery/plant-portraits/86

That's a real beauty. I think the way it opens is just gorgeous. Must
put that on my 'desirables' list!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com